Sunday, November 17, 2013

9.1

It's not that I haven't had anything to say... but maybe more so there is just too much to say, too much that God is doing and has done and will do that I just haven't sorted out enough to be able to write it down. So for now we'll fast forward and here we are mid-november and I want to share with you one of my favorite moments from this past week.

"Guess what my grades are!!" he shouted as he swung open the front door and threw his backpack onto the ground. "9.1!!!" He shouted before we could even have a chance at guessing.

An average of 9.1 out of 10!!

These are the grades of a child whose very highest goal for last year was to get an average of 7.5

What's the secret? What's the key to his success? I wish I could say that it his great tutor or all the extra hours of academic work we've put in together. But neither of those are true. He doesn't have a tutor... and despite my college degree as a teacher, I haven't been pouring in hours of academic prep.

Do you want to know why he got a 9.1?

It's because he knows he is precious. He knows he is valuable. He knows he is loved and adored and smart and incredible and important.

He doesn't just know it... he believes it.

And the results are... 9.1... that would have been a 9.7 if he wasn't so chatty in class. Don't worry he has vowed not to speak at all for the next grading period :)

No comments:

Post a Comment