Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!


About a month ago we celebrated my 23rd birthday. It was during the time that I was taking care of our seven boys all by myself. I didn't expect much at all in the way of a celebration. But in the end what I thought would just be pizza with me and my boys turned into a sweet surprise party complete with cake and decorations!

I felt so loved by my friends even after a day that was completely focused on seven crazy children. My boys of course loved the chance to eat pizza and cake.

But I think the most joy for them came the moment they got to smash my face into my cake.

It's a Mexican tradition that after singing the happy birthday song, the birthday person is then to take a "bite" of their cake which always ends with a push on the back of the head and a face in the cake.

14 little hands equaled a lot of cake on my face... and a lot of laughs. It was a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment