Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The reading bug...

 Like I said in my last post, the reading bug seems to have bit some of the girls too.There is one girl in particular who has been reading pretty much non-stop since December 1st... I think she's on something like her 11th book (knowing that the average mexican reads less than 1 book a year... this is incredible). We had a little problem at first with knowing how to treat and take care of books that have been loaned to you, however now we are on a 1 for 1 exchange system and it seems to be working well. There are some days where I feel like I'm dealing books out of the back of my car. It's awesome to see the way they can't wait to get their hands on them.

 "It's the longest book I've ever read!" Daniela said through a huge smile as she made her first exchange.
"Please, please, please find more in this series!!" Bety begged when she finished.

There was is one book in particular that the girls have been begging for... and that of course is anything and everything about Justin Bieber. Well, this past weekend while on a trip to Texas, I found one. Yesterday I showed it to the girls amidst shrieks and screams of "Let me read it first!!". I ended up giving it to their caregiver to use as a prize for those who were behaving well that day. Can you believe it? A book... a prize. Never would have thought I'd be saying that about Casa Hogar Douglas, but God is good... and God is faithful... and God is moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment