Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Will You Join Us?

Meet Alex.
Following a conversation I had with Caroline this morning, I wanted you all to meet him and to ask for your help.
You see, I adore this little guy. And tears literally come to my eyes when I think about the next 10 years of his life. He was an infant when he and his two brothers arrived at Casa Hogar Douglas. And, because of the laws in place and custody that his father maintains, he is stuck. The way it's looking now, he is doomed to live in an orphanage forever. There isn't any forward motion or solutions being sought out. He is just there and will be there forever. And that is just not ok with me. This can't possibly be it for Alex. Right now, he is smart and kind and hilarious and loves to cuddle. But the statistics about the ways that life in an institution negatively affects a child mentally, physically and emotionally are astounding. When I think about his life and his future I feel helpless and powerless to do anything. I just want to cry and beg that somebody, anybody would do something. But then I'm reminded of the power of prayer. I am reminded that I have a heavenly father for whom nothing is impossible. I'm so quick to forget just how powerful God really is. He's sovereign over laws and governments, and he's sovereign over Alex's future. So won't you join us in praying that the earth would shake and the mountains would move and somehow someway Alex would have a family?
Caroline also posted about Alex on her blog, you should check it out for yourself! carolineinmexico.blogspot.com/2011/11/time-to-just-pray.html

No comments:

Post a Comment