Sunday, September 25, 2011

I live in Mexico!

It's been two weeks now since I arrived here in Monterrey... our epic 4 day road trip concluded with a night in McAllen, Texas followed by an early afternoon border crossing and a short three hour drive to Monterrey. Everything went so well, we really couldn't have asked for a smoother trip.

These past two weeks have felt like a whirlwind. My first week was spent reconnecting with old friends and spending tons of time with my some of my favorite children. I've been working on visiting all the different homes that we work with however, I've spent most of my time at Casa Hogar Douglas. This is the children's home that I lived at during the summer of 2010. Nearly all of the same kids are still there and it was absolutely wonderful to see them again. I was attacked by hugs and choruses of "Saaaammy" I can't think of anything better.

I also happened to arrive just in time to celebrate the Mexican Independence Day! We were decked out in our red, white and green gear and had a party at Casa Hogar Douglas complete with games prizes and a roast pig.It seems that my camera always ends up in the hands of a child so events here are commemorated by pictures of the ground, trees, or the t.v. But here are a few pictures I was able to take before they Tonito was able to snag it away.

This is me and Jose :)


And me and Israel


And I decided to add one picture taken by Tonito... because who doesn't love a pair of googly eyes???

No comments:

Post a Comment