Friday, June 18, 2010

He's leading them out.

This week was crazy once again, I was spent a few days here at the property going out with groups and then Tuesday moved back into Casa Hogar Douglas. There is so much going on in my head and heart with my time there. I'm learning so much about myself, about the Lord and his heart for the orphan child. I'm learning on a deeper level what it actually means to be an orphan and just so much other stuff that I don't even have time to put into words, but I would love to talk about. But what I can say now and what I do know for sure is that one of God's promises to orphans is to lead them out... and he is doing just that. He is using us to lavish them with love to show them that they are loved and that they are important and that they matter, not because we love them but because GOD loves them and through his transforming love, we can see their hearts changing. Don't get me wrong, there is still so much pain, so much hurt, so much anger in the hearts of these children, but walls are slowly coming down and it's beautiful. One of our toughest boys who usually doesn't show affection or laugh or smile much has been giving hugs, laughing and even asked to sit on my lap last night. The Lord is in the business of restoring and redeeming lives and I LOVE him for that. I feel incredibly honored to be a part of this process even if it's only for a short time in their lives, it matters because it's an opportunity to change eternity.

P.S. The biggest victory of the week... we used my ipod to play classical music while they went to bed and it worked like a charm!! Caroline and I just sat there and relished in the victory as they all climbed in bed and fell asleep... classical music... who knew??

3 comments:

  1. I love you sister :)
    I'm so proud of you for being faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your service and heart. Animo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog makes my heart hurt. But then I know that God is doing amazing things there in Mexico with you and the children.

    I love you Sammy! :)

    ReplyDelete