Wednesday, June 2, 2010

different.

As I said in my first post, this is my third summer interning with Back2Back. I had an amazing experience the first summer and that really just left me hungry for more, so I applied again for last summer and ended up spending two months there, one as a nanny and one as an intern. And after that I just felt like I wasn't finished there, so this summer I will be an intern for both months. Now I don't want this post to make it seem like I'm not excited, and maybe it won't be your stereotypical "wooo I'm leaving in 3 days post" but it is what it is and I'm just going to be completely honest. This summer is going to be different. And if you know me at all then you know, typically I really dislike when things are different. So knowing this has been a struggle for me. I know this summer is going to be different for a lot of reasons and some that I'm sure I don't even see coming. I feel like the Lord has been preparing me for this, yet at the same time I just have this instinctive feeling of anxiety and discomfort when I think about it. It's weird, I haven't been eagerly counting down the past 100 days like in the past, instead I've just been living life not really realizing June was sneaking up on me. Maybe I've gotten too comfortable there ... maybe a little discomfort will do me some good. God always knows what he's doing and his plans are always best. I just have to try to remember that, again and again I have seen the Lord grows me most in the times where I feel like I am pretty much terrified overwhelmed and waayyyy outside my comfort zone. So yes, things are going to be different this summer, but I am going to pray and I would love for you to join me in praying that I will embrace my discomfort and that through that the Lord will use me to love the orphan, serve the needy and advance his kingdom. Because that's what it's all about. Not me.

But... on a lighter note. 3 days!

And I thought I would give you a picture of what I will wake up to every morning and look at while I eat my toast and frosted flakes.
beautiful isn't it?


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes different is good :) I pray that it will be!

    It is beautiful!

    I love you sammy!

    I cannot wait to hear about your mission. Especially your first week of living in the orphanage.

    lovelovelove

    -Riley

    ReplyDelete