Friday, May 21, 2010

I have a blog!!

So as you can tell by the title... and the fact that you are reading this, I have a blog!! You also might know, that I will be spending 8 weeks this summer in Monterrey, Mexico serving as an intern with the ministry Back2Back. This will be my third summer there so, I decided to start this blog to keep my friends and family updated on my life happenings in Monterrey and all the awesome things I know God is going to do there this summer. I'm not really sure if I will have anything deeply profound or moving to say or if I'll say it in the most eloquent manner, but I'm going to try nevertheless.

I thought I would start by telling you all (whoever you are) a little bit more about what I will be doing this summer. Back2Back is a ministry that brings American groups down to Mexico for a week at a time to serve alongside 10 different orphanages and three squatters' villages in the Monterrey area. There is a main campus where a full time staff lives with their families, this is where I will stay along with the nearly 800 groups members that will be visiting this summer. Each day I'll be assigned a group to that will be going to either a children's home or squatters' village to do work projects, outreaches or field trips. We serve meals, play with kids, and do constructiony things... and I love it. If you want to know more about Back2Back you should visit http://back2backministries.org/

I think that's where I'll end things for now...more to come before I leave in 15 days!

3 comments:

  1. Your blog background, the flowers, matches my journal alyssa brought me back from London. I thought you should know that, I like it :)

    ReplyDelete